Welcome to the Wexford Historical Society website. The WHS (formerly known as the Old Wexford Society) was established by a small group of enthusiasts in 1944 to research, record and promote the history, archaeology and heritage of the town and county of Wexford. The late Dr George Hadden provided the initial stimulus and continued to inspire and lead the society for more than 30 years.
The Society pursues its objectives by organising a programme of lectures during the winter months and a series of field-trips during the summer months. The Society has published a biennial journal since 1968. A newsletter is produced twice yearly and distributed to members. Our 200 members are mainly from the town and county but with a considerable overseas representation.